The operation is off. Turns out my dear husband Don has an infection that showed up in his pre-op labs, so the surgeon’s assistant called us Thursday morning and cancelled the Friday surgery until further notice. Don started on a course of antibiotics this evening, and we should hear about the new surgery date pretty soon.
Don says it’s just as well he didn’t undergo all the prep and show up at the hospital at 4:30 am Friday morning just to be sent home, so I guess things could be worse. This afternoon I drove him to the surgeon’s office for his new prescriptions, then to the lab for more tests, then to the pharmacy to pick up said prescriptions. The course of antibiotics is for 10 days, but the doc told him that as long as the treatment is underway, he may not have to wait for the operation until the course is done. I hope it won’t be too much longer. He’s so skinny and anemic that he doesn’t need time to get even more skinny and anemic.
I don’t feel much of anything. I guess you get inured after a while and just deal with it as it comes along. I guess I’ll just work on my re-writes for the new book and wait for something to happen.